Photographs from the 2015 Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival at Granville Island
Rhinegold has her own webpage:http://www.rhinegold.ca While at the festival,
Wayne Hartrick (owner) recieved a visitor who filled in the missing part of Rhinegold's history. Wayne now knows Rhinegold's ownership from her launch.
RHINEGOLD-36 ft., built 1911 at Vancouver Shipyard for Theosophist Maxwell Davies.
Owned 1912 to 1919 by Dr. Ian Glen-Campbell, 1919 to 1923 by Allan D. DesBrisay, and from 1923 to date by Col. Colin C. Ferrie, who has consistently cruised in her every season with the exception of the war years.
In this outstanding period of service, attending every Club function, Opening Days, Remembrance Days, as well as extensive Gulf of Georgia cruising, the original engine, a 25 H.P. Buffalo 5" bore, 6" stroke (hand started with bar), was only replaced in 1937 with a 75 H.P. Grey Marine "Lugger" which still gives efficient service with a cruising speed of 8½ knots at 2000 R.P.M. (from the RVYC archives)
- 50 HP Isuzu 4 cylinder Diesel (installed as rebuild in 1993. Apr ox 2,000 hours post rebuild)
- Hull Shape: Displacement double ended
- LOA: 36' 5"
- Beam : 8' 5"
- Draft: 4'
1994 Awarded Best Classic Construction-Vancouver Wooden Boat Show
Search light controls
Rhinegold's historic documents on display. Includes her log.
Rhinegold log entry from April 16, 1924
Current (left) and Past (right) caretakers.